Barcelona is the capital city of the autonomous community of Catalonia in Spain a, with a population of 1.6 million within its administrative limits. Its urban area extends beyond the administrative city limits with a population of around 4.7 million people, being the sixth-most populous urban area in the European Union.
Barcelona is one of the world's leading tourist, economic, trade fair and cultural centers, and its influence in commerce, education, entertainment, media, fashion, science, and the arts all contribute to its status as one of the world's major global cities.
At Barcelona you can see:
- Barri Gòtic - with ithousands of tourist strolling along the narrow streets, watching its spectacular architecture and old houses, eating at the tapas and wine bars, ... this is the oldest city, traditional, spectacular.
- Antoni Gaudi - he was the best known practitioner of catalan modernism. His work transcended mainstream Modernisme, culminating in an organic style inspired by natural forms. Thanks to it, Barcelona has a great architectural legacy as the Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell, Casa Milà (known it with the name "la Pedrera", amd much others ...
- FC Barcelona - The most important Futbol Club in Catalonia, with one of the greatest stadiums you can see over the world. In its team, we have seen Barca players like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Romario, Messi, Xavi or Iniesta
- Gastronomy and night life - Barcelona has with excelent night zones where you can enjoy Barcelona nigth, with good gastronomy, tapas, and bars, pubs, ...by night the city is transformed into a different city. Enjoy
- Santa Maria del Mar - is an imposing church in the Ribera district of Barcelona, built at the end of s-XIV. It is an outstanding example of Catalan Gothic.
- Agbar tower - marks the gateway to the new technological district of Barcelona, designed by Novel
- Palau de la Música Catalana - one of the architectural wonders of the city designed by Domenech i Montaner
- Barcelona Beaches, Olympic City - Barcelona is a city opens to the sea, with the Olympic city (1992 Olympic Games), and his beach was listed as number one in a list of the top ten city beaches in the world according to National Geographic and Discovery Channel.
Barcelona has a long sporting tradition and hosted the highly successful 1992 Summer Olympics as well as several matches during the 1982 FIFA World Cup (at the two stadiums). It has also hosted, among others, about 30 sports events of international significance.